1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"shudder/stutter" slight hesitation at highway speed.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyberpriusII, Mar 20, 2019.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    During a four-hour roundtrip yesterday, followed by a second trip today at around 60-70 mph my car exhibited a slight "shudder/stutter" or hesitation.

Happened a couple of times on the way up and on the way back. ICE was running. Only lasted a second or so.

Air filter is clean (well, it was last weekend, better check again).

I was not driving (nor can I drive because of injuries), but I did notice it. Friend who was driving also noticed. She said she thought it felt like the tires -- which does not make sense -- but she knows very little about cars.

It's a 2008 with 119K. Scheduled to go in for the 120K service in a couple of weeks, which includes spark plug swap, transaxle drain & fill, etc.

Not showing any codes/warning lights.

I was thinking about trying to clean the MAF and Throttle Body this weekend, and between that and the plug change, see if that does any good ----

Unless someone else has an idea....
    kris

#1 cyberpriusII, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maybe just a bit of undigested meat. wait for the plug change, then see what happens. you need rest, if possible. nice to hear you're out and about a bit though. :)

3. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The out-about was for two-days of back/2/back surgeon follow-up appointments. Of course, no way they could schedule both docs on the same day....the jaunts really tire me out, but they are a bit inspiring....I was looking at all rigs passing us on Interstate 5 and seeing if any might be possible replacements for our other car that was totaled in the wreck. Husband's father is tired of us borrowing his old Chrysler.