1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side air bags

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ports, Mar 13, 2006.

1. ports

ports Junior Member

I have a 2006 silver pine mica and am thinking about purchasing wet okole seat covers as many of you have said they are the best. My question pertains to whether the 06 has seat deployed air bags in which I must order the seat covers with that option. I looked in the owners manual and I do not believe the 06 has this option. The side air bags I thought were side curtain and deploy from above the window. Can anyone help me. Thanks Ports from PA.

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    What's your package? That way we can see what option are available for that.

3. ports

ports Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I have pk #6 . I believe that includes all air bags. I looked at the seats in the car and it appears tahat no opening or any type of tag saying that an air bag is deployed through the seat. Thanks again Ports

4. Hawk

Hawk New Member

I have a package 8. I am prety sure the air bags are in the front and back roof supports and maybe the doors. Not in the seats. When I was wating for my car a couple dealers mentioned they could sell me a package 6 with aftermaket leather seats so i would guess no air bags in the seats.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
  6. the fish

the fish Member

7. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    FYI - wording says "Side mounted", see below. I have also seen people advertising different seat covers that accomodate the air bags.

GY Package #1 -- includes driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side and front and rear side curtain airbags [2]

(All packages above #1 also say the same thing)

8. priusblue

priusblue New Member

I do not know - I have an '06 package 4 and there is a tag on the two front seats - upright portion, outside. So, unless higher packages have them somewhere else, you might want to re-check and order the special seat covers.

9. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My I-Tech model has a seat airbag to protect the hip/chest area and a pillar mounted airbag to protect the shoulders and head.