1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side airbags to be standard on nearly all 2010 vehicles

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by cwerdna, Aug 29, 2009.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Side airbags to be standard on nearly all 2010 vehicles | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Interesting tidbit: "The agreement required vehicles in the 2010 model year, which starts Sept. 1, to have head-protecting side airbags. It does not apply to fleet sales, including vehicles sold to rental car companies."

I wonder how many rentals won't have them. I'd imagine they'd take a hit in resale value beyond that fact that they were once a rental.

2. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Look out for the Gen III model I Prius. My guess is this car will not be available to the public but will only be sold to fleet and rental buyers.

This reminds me of my first car, a 1969 Ford Falcon, with no radio or heater and a 188ci engine (normal was 200ci & 221ci). Only sold in this trim level to fleet buyers. I bought that car from News Limited.

Look forward to some cheap ex-rental Prius hitting the market in a couple years.

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Whenever I think of used rental cars, I remember some of my former coworkers and how they would rent a car on company business and try to find new ways to totally abuse it. I wouldn't buy a rental car unless I had no other choice. :madgrin: