1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side mirror folding issues

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Dinesh Jayasinghe, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Dinesh Jayasinghe

Dinesh Jayasinghe New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I am new to the forum, but thought to share the issue i have with my Prius C four (2013).

My mirrors fold when the car is locked, however due to some issue they dont fold all the way in. This happens mostly when its hot weather outside. I live in Sri Lanka, its always a summer day here each and every day.My concerns are:

Is there a way to disable the auto folding of mirrors?
    If the motorized parts of the mirror need lubrication, what can I use and hot to lubricate it.

One side mirror assembly costs whopping Rs 45,000/- here...:(

2. djdawn

djdawn Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I have a 2014 C2 and live in southern California. I don't have folding mirrors =O perhaps it's a regional or trim option?
    Regarding your question, does the upper right button on your mirror adjust controls disable/enable the folding option? I'm assuming it looks like this link:
    toyota side mirror adjust button - Google Search

3. Dinesh Jayasinghe

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for the reply, they seems to work fine no issue there. My one is the G grade (Priuc C four) has even the heated seats and the LED headlight with washers. All other gadgets function normal, apart from this issue:(. The mirrors automatically fold in either setting in the mirror control button, when ever the car is locked with key or the touch sensitive button on the door handle. I can fold and unfold the mirrors using the buttons when the car is in P and powered on.

#3 Dinesh Jayasinghe, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  4. AQUA-K

AQUA-K Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Aqua
    Here we get lot of auto dealerships that sell pre-owned or 0 mileage JDM models (that goes as Aqua) :sneaky: so the options are different. If its bought from Toyota you get a different car (Prius C). The downside of JDM models is that multifunction screen is in Japanese.

5. Chethiya Abeysinghe

Chethiya Abeysinghe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Aqua
    Model:
    N/A

I think I have similar issue caused by the same reason. I too live in Sri Lanka. When it's parked it automatically folds the mirrors (can't disable this by pressing the mirror button). When the mirror is heated up it doesn't extend back again fully. It takes while till it cools down to extend fully. When it's parked in a place where it's not exposed to direct sunlight it works fine. But still there is a noticeable difference in the sound of two side mirrors when mirrors are extended when mirrors are in room temperature.

Did you find a solution for this?

This sounds like a mechanical issue. In that case how to disassemble the side mirror to have a look at it?

Are there two fuses for two side mirrors?

Thanks

6. Dinesh Jayasinghe

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    No idea machan, didnt have the time to look in to the fuses. However, i think I will have to live with this issue. Could not find a good mechanic how is suitable for such in Sri Lanka, you know the drill here right!