1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Side moldings

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by darwin100, Nov 21, 2005.

1. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

My wonderful partner ahs agreed to purchase side moldings foy my car....now I need to know where I can buy them? would someone give me info..thanks

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Two things...

Search PriusChat, like on "Group Buy" or "Mouldings." There are several threads regarding body side mouldings.

I purchased mine from www.toyotapartsnow.com (Eddie Bell) - Toyota dealership in Ohio. I believe their current price is about $120 plus shipping for color-matched body side mouldings. They come with instructions (if you are a do-it-yourself-er). I had my dealer-associated body shop mount them.

Here is a picture:

3. MadHungarian

MadHungarian Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with Charles--that's where I got mine (as well as some other stuff), and Eddie was a pleasure to work with.

Charles: Your's look good, but to my eye you mounted them a bit higher than the instructions call for. Better protection?

4. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

thanks they look great....I will check out Eddie....d

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Howdy MadHungarian

Actually, that photo is a "stock" photo, not my own Prius (which is Driftwood). At the time I didn't have a good shot of my Prius, so I used the stock shot.

My mouldings are mounted precisely per instructions that came with them. So far, I have no "dings" and really can't tell whether the mouldings did their job. Still, I prefer the "look" with them as contrasted to the "slab side" look without them.