1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Siemens SX66 Bluetooth and Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by marcelo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. marcelo

marcelo New Member

Cingular released the Siemens SX66 Pocket PC phone, with a very cool sliding thumb keyboard, a couple of weeks ago. I convinced a nice woman at the Cingular store to let me take the demo phone out to the car and try to pair. The phone "discovered" the car's HandsFree functionality, but it did not fully pair. The Bluetooth signal on the phone alternated between Good and Off every second or so, and the screen on the Prius showed the phone to be "Out of range."

Of course, this could be a problem with the particular phone I tested. Has anyone managed to make this phone work?

2. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm also interested in this phone and I've been digging around the net for info. This post seems to indicate that it does work with the Prius.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.p...f=569&fi=161513

There also seems to be some mention of a patch for Bluetooth and a new ROM coming out. I'm not sure if they are both talking about the same thing. It seems originally, the phone used the built-in MS driver which may have some problems. Dig around Phonescoop and maybe you can find some useful info as well.