1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

::sigh::Man threatened to re-enact Virginia Tech-style killings

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by xsmatt81, Apr 5, 2008.

1. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Full story:
    Police: Man threatened to re-enact Virginia Tech-style killings - CNN.com

2. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Armor piercing bullets and rounds that could pierce aircraft?? :peep:

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm sure the NRA will now sue the police for infringing on this guy's Right to Bear Arms.

4. gman11377

gman11377 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Well depending on what types of Kalashnikov's they were, and what types of cartridges he had; those might not be the problem at all. I think the issue is the terroristic threats that he made. Keep in mind that many different types of firearms are legal to own. My father and I used to buy and sell field artillery pieces, and crew served weapons. Neighbors are always REAL polite when you have a quad 50 (four linked 50 caliber automatic rifles) parked in the front yard. Having said that though, the person in this article doesn't seem like a responsible firearms owner, and deserves to have his weapons confiscated (only because of the crime he commited). The NRA doesn't want to associate themselves with this type of firearms owner.

5. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The gun made him do it!

6. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    you can buy steel core ammo here in neveda..and even incerdirary ammo. IMO these types of ammo should not be around at all. Just FMJ. I own several guns, it's more of a hobby, i display them and get some shooting in when able to have time and money for ammo. I really enjoy the right to own a firearm, and most people who do are responsible people, some are not though of course. Got my CCW finally last year, and often carry with a Sig 40 cal. If one responsible person on the campus had a weapon, they could have stopped the luantic shooting everyone left and right. Not sure on carry laws in Virgina though..it may have been no use because here the only places one can not carry in are goverment buildings, schools, and university..and any other place that has a sign outside saying "no firearm carry"..otherwise it's fine. Lastly, one in neveda does not even need a CCW to carry a gun, you can carr yon your hip, gun must be fully exposed, and not covered by your shirt. I never did it because i did not want to deal with people in public who may take offense to me having a gun on my hip like a cowboy.