1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sigh, need re-training - again!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by David Beale, Jan 18, 2014.

1. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Pearl S has been sleeping in the garage for the last three months, but I was elected to be driver for a small group so had to resurrect her for that job (the FJ doesn't have the room or ease of entry/egress).
    After clearing out the "windrow" guarding my driveway (thanks, City of Edmonton!) - the FJ just drives over it. ;)

Welcome -back- to the 21st century!

No, you don't have to reach for your key.

No, you don't have to turn on the lights.

Yes, the engine only runs when necessary.

Yes, the heated seats are very nice!!

BTW, Pearl S had a "battery tender" connected so gave no problems starting up. Traction battery indicated near 60% charge, same as when she went into hibernation. Tyres gave no low pressure warnings. One brake disk was rusted in one spot so made suspicious noises as I drove slowly down the deep compacted snow covered side street. It stopped after a few blocks.

I am still amazed at how well the OEM stock tyres work on snow and ice. They -are- "summer tyres" after all, but no traction problems were had. Of course I can't go blatantly careening over large ice potholes, blocks, etc like I can with the FJ (which is why I got the FJ - for the winter extremes) , but believe it or not, Pearl S handles better than the FJ on slippery surfaces. Probably due to the low centre of gravity and much lower mass. The FJ is around 5000 lbs and Pearl S around 3000.

Pearl S is back in hibernation, the FJ back to consuming large quantities of fuel.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just gave mine a wash yesterday and it's looking pretty (though I need to grab some buffing towels before the Spring so I'm ready to do a wax job when the mud and snow is gone).

3. Steve terry

Steve terry Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    From time to time, I will drive my wife's car. I always walk up to it and say: thats right, I have to push the fob button to get in. Then get in and search for the key hole. Ticks her off every time. But then I feel like I am driving a race car. Can't wait to get back into my prius.