1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sigma 2006 EV switch kit-wrong ECU pin?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Peter Senich, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Peter Senich

Peter Senich Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I recently purchased the 2006 EV switch kit from Sigma and discovered that the supplied ECU pin won't insert in hole 27 of the H14 ECU plug. It has a projection that prevents this. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The little piece of metal that sticks up is there to prevent you from inserting the pin in the wrong wire harness. I had the same problem with mine. My solution was to use wire cutters to cut the little metal piece off. It then slipped in and locked into place.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know what's supplied. If you post a photo that would help. Did you lift the white bar on the plug to allow insertion?

If all else fails you can get a pin from the steering column that will work.

4. Peter Senich

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jan 3 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]370521[/snapback]</div>
    I did lift the white terminal retainer before I attempted this.

5. Peter Senich

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jan 3 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]370519[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. I'll give that a try.

6. Peter Senich

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ Jan 3 2007, 09:23 PM) [snapback]370519[/snapback]</div>
    Would you please describe the correct orientation of the pin when inserting it in hole 27 and did you have to force it down with a jeweller's screwdriver? Would you please give me the pinout for the EV switch? I've found conflicting instructions for pin 2 and pin 3 (red and gray dimmer switch taps) Perhaps it makes no difference.