1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Significant amount of water spilled...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hybridmel, Jun 5, 2009.

1. hybridmel

hybridmel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, so this morning, I was driving with my big ol 44 oz cup of ice water, and bam, it spilled all over the front passenger side floorboard.

I took the floormat and hung it over a railing, and did my best with paper towels to sop up the excess. There was a LOT of water, a pool of it sitting in the corner. Anytime I pressed down, water would bubble up from under the floorboard.

I did the best I could, but I am worried that there may be damage to it......suggestions?

2. EZW1

EZW1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I would seriously removed the carpeting and let it dry out. If you don't mold and mildew will set in and you will be eternally displeased.

3. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Keep sopping. If you can stand it, and if the outside humidity iis fairly low, run the heat on high using outside air with the foot vents open; otherwise run the A/C on high with recirculation, again with the foot vents open. Park in a hot place with one or more windows partly open. Do not allow open containers of liquid inside the car.

4. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL i make my son a pot of potato soup a large pot with milk, as i was getting in the pot spilled!!! this was in my BMW, needless to say i cleaned it and ended up trading it... you are lucky it was water.

5. eaglesight333

eaglesight333 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    See if a friend has a small wet/dry vaccuum. Or a small hoover steam vaccuum. I have both, but mostly use the steam vac to clean car seats and floors. In anycase, try some type of wet vaccuum