1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

silly question about badge kit.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by m1j1tc0rn, Feb 25, 2004.

1. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

i got my prius with the dealer having installed the gold badge kit. i don't mind it too much, but have been debating reverting back to stock silver.

now here is the silly part...
    can i ask my dealer for the original badges back? i got the car last week and didn't know if the metaphor is like going to the dentist (where you get your pulled teeth if you want them). i know it sounds silly to ask for the cloth back on leather seats, but thought i should ask the group first before i make a fool of myself. ideally, i hope i can call them and ask. has anyone done that before or am i nuts?

thanks,
    -r

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It won't hurt to call and ask if they still have them or if you can swap out the gold ones for a new set of silver ones or pearl ones (I bet those would look awesome). When I was hit last year in my Spyder, I requested to keep all of the body panels that were damaged since there was minimal damage but they had to replace the panels anyway.

I was able to make around $300 off of the wrecked pieces :)

3. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

thanks, i'll give it a shot... PEARL?!! url? pics?

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  5. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

right you are... not yet.

i just spoke with the dealer and there aren't any badges to be had by me because they just plated the silver ones. they didn't remove them and put new ones on there, but just modified the existing ones.

anyway...
    -r

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  7. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Curious. What is the "gold badge kit"?
    Bob

8. m1j1tc0rn

m1j1tc0rn New Member

the badge kit has the emblems such as the "T" Toyota logo on the hood and hatch as well as the "hybrid" icon. it's basically anything raised on the hood and hatch. since i have the silver, default for all of these badges was shiny silver, but instead, mine are all gold.
    -r