1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silly Question on DST

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by iDonna, Apr 5, 2007.

1. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    So I noticed my GPS hasn't figured out we're in DST. Thus it reports however many minutes less one hour ago. Annoying. Um, does anyone know how to change that? Surely it can be changed.

It's also annoying that NY and NJ are in different map zones. (Just a general complaint.)

:D

-D

2. paulccullen

paulccullen New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    And the extra hour of sunlight from Daylight Savings is making the paint peel of my house...

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Apr 5 2007, 07:22 AM) [snapback]418147[/snapback]</div>
    if your refering to the Nav in the Prius it's on a DVD in the player under the passenger seat and as the data is burnt to the DVD the only way is to replace it. Like your computer if it's a few years old it didn't know about the change. So you manually change the time but you can't change a DVD. Phone Toyota and complain. If it's a hand held check the maker for a update.

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Huh? Can't you just set the clock?

When using GPS I only notice it telling me that my ETA is XX minutes, not a specific time... but maybe I'm confused.

5. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Apr 5 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]418214[/snapback]</div>

Dear Confused,

The GPS on my 2006 Prius gives me an ETA in XX minutes *AND* a specific time. It is NOT tied into the clock on my dash.

Signed,

Dazed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon @ Apr 5 2007, 11:48 AM) [snapback]418206[/snapback]</div>

I am referring to the Nav on my 2006 Prius. I have many computers, all Macs (thank God), and all of them know what time it is DST or not since that's a function of the patched OS talking to a time server over the great abyss AKA The Internet. It just works ;)

My questions are: can I change the time that my GPS reports and if so HOW do I do that?

Meow.

6. iDonna

iDonna Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(iDonna @ Apr 5 2007, 11:09 AM) [snapback]418215[/snapback]</div>

So last night I was sitting in my car killing time and decided to RTFM and put the DST issue down for good. There's a DST selection in the GSP set up section which, when invoked, reports the correct xx:xx ETA.

:D

7. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was thinking about your problem the other day, and noticed that ETA can be set in EITHER minutes until arrival, or time of arrival. I switched mine from minutes to time, and lo and behold, mine was also an hour off :) I would NEVER have seen that feature otherwise, so thanks for teaching me something new!