1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver, #3, 5/1/06, San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by EmptyG, May 3, 2006.

1. EmptyG

EmptyG New Member

Date Ordered: May 1st, 2006
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): San Diego, CA
    Timeframe given for delivery: 6-8 weeks
    Color: Classic Silver
    Option Package: #3
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: NONE

I ordered my Prius through San Diego County Credit Union. They said that I am not on a "waiting list", but am ordering one for me alone :)

Has anyone used a service like this before? My gf used this to get her new car a few months back and it was very easy. They hunted her exact car down for her, drove it to the bank. All we had to do was go down, sign the papers and pick up the car (took all of 20 minutes total).

SDCCU said it ordered it on 5/1 and it should take about 6-8 weeks, thereabouts.

2. ErikU

ErikU New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I ordered mine on April 24 and am not on a list. My dealer said if they can match anything that I ordered on their internet "pool" then they would have one shipped over but if not it would be built and shipped from Japan within the next 3-4 weeks. Im in Dallas area and they ship them to Houston and then truck them up from there.

3. stevedegraw

stevedegraw Member

It might be too late but if you go direct to a dealer they may be able to intervene and pick one off that "falls out of escrow" from another dealer anywhere in San Diego and re-direct it to you. That is what happened to me, I ordered mine from Mossy Toyota in Pacific Beach and got it just 5 days later last Friday Cinco De Mayo.

Now I need the window tinting and a surf rack. Is there a San Diegan out there with suggestions ?

4. gracetaylor

gracetaylor New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Erik @ May 3 2006, 11:11 AM) [snapback]249052[/snapback]</div>
    I ordered mine in Dallas too. Fropm Fowler Toyota, they told me about 6 weeks or less for a silver package 5 with leather. Who did you order from? I'm getting nervous waiting...read a horror story today about another Toyota dealer today that has me a little freaked. :blink: