1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver #5... still waiting

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by KimInBR, Mar 23, 2005.

1. KimInBR

KimInBR New Member

Date Ordered: May 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Lakeside (New Orleans)
    Timeframe given for delivery: 4-6 months
    Color: Silver
    Option Package: 2005 #5
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: “close to the topâ€

I ordered my Prius last May with a estimated wait time of 4-6 months. It still has not shown up. Since last October, the dealer has continuously promised that it should be arriving any day now. It has now been almost 11 months, with the last ~4 months, have had my car in and out of the shop. I knew that I was getting into a long wait, but this is growing frustrating. Especially as I read that other people seem to be getting their cars in record time.

So is this an experience that other people are having? Did I just choose a poor dealer? Is it my geographic area? Any thoughts?

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ewwww i got mine in 30 days! maybe its your package.. wanna change to 4 or 6? then maybe you'll get it quicker

3. craigcush

craigcush Member

I think you really need to diversify your efforts to shop other dealers out of your area. Depending on the color and options, they are very available here in arizona, no premium. My dealer in N. AZ took $1000 off a #6 and even delivered to my door an hour away. There is more profit for them to barter in the higher end options and in my shopping trips I noticed a lot of #6's sitting in the lot.
    I didn't want a #6 but the price and the techno-fun (and I admit, usefulness) level of all the toys has me quite satisfied.
    Make a vacation out of it?

Craig C.
    Sedona,
    Az

4. Old n Bold

Old n Bold New Member

It seems that your are:
    a) being jerked around by the dealer,
    B) working with a dealer that is being jerked around by Toyota, or
    c) you have opted for a package that has a low number of deliveries.

I ordered my #6 Prius on Feb 28, 05 and it was delivered the next day, just as I ordered and for the sticker price.

My dealer, in Burlington, WA, shopped around the area's dealers after I left the dealership and found my Prius 50 miles away. When I got home there was a msg on my phone. We went in the next morning and picked it up.

This senario is becoming increasingly common. I would sniff around, if I were you.

Good luck and hang in there.