1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver #7 incoming -- Moses Lake WA

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by philinny, Jun 18, 2004.

1. philinny

philinny Junior Member

I just received the e-mail below. I can't take it so good luck to someone!
    (no I don't know if it's an MSRP dealer...)

FORWARDED MESSSAGE=====
    I will have a 04 prius silver#7 in a week. If you WANT MORE INFO ON IT call me as soon as posible.

THANKS!

VICTOR ALVARADO JAMES HILL TOYOTA MOSES LAKE WA.
    (509) 765-4517

2. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Got same email

I just got the same email. When I replied to ask for the price Victor quoted it at $24.237. I'm not sure if the $1262 are tax or mark-up, but I declined since my local Portland dealer assigned me a Tideland #9 that should be coming in in the next 2-3 weeks.

Esther

3. bigtex

bigtex New Member

Esther,
    Thanks for the tip. I called him this afternoon and bought it.... at 800$ over MSRP, I did put down my CC deposit of $500 and will fly out when it arrives early next week. I'd love to be patient with this and go only with MSRP, but I am setting up back in Austin, Tx. after 5 years in Japan. I wanted to have a prius and didn't get in line early enough. Now my wife( Japanese) and daughter will have a car that represents my values and will also keep them safe. Ricardo said there the up charge was $1000$, then told me that the higheats bid was $750 and would take $800 when I pushed the matter. Did I get the best deal? No, but I got the car color and pachage(#7, the safety set) I wanted and didn't have to wait, important in my situation. Now I look forward joining this forum as a driver of one of these fine cars. I also look forward to the trip from Washington to Texas in the new ride. I've taken my old car, an 1983 cutlass supreme, to Alaska before, so I should be in for a real treat. Anyway thanks for the tip and have a beautiful day.
    Peace and Love,
    Ryan

4. DicksieLee

DicksieLee New Member

Congratulations, Ryan. And you do not have to justify the price you paid to anyone. As long as you are happy with the deal, that is all that matters!

Best wishes and have fun, DicksieLee

5. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We just picked up a White Pkg #5 in Moses Lake yesterday at that dealer. This one was my Dad's and he paid $400 over MSRP (plus the $300 MSRP increase in April).

We got our Driftwood #5 Prius at that dealer in March and it's been a great car.

I'm a bit envious, since the #7 was was I originally was looking for. :) When we were there yesterday after Victor told me he had the #7 coming in, I asked him if he'd trade me straight across, the #7 for my #5. He just smiled.

Congrats, Ryan! I would have jumped at the deal too!

I still don't know how they get so many Prius in Moses Lake; 180 miles from Seattle and 300 miles from Portland!

6. bigtex

bigtex New Member

All,
    Picked up my Prius on Monday. The whole process took 45 minutes after Victor picked me up from my hotel. The made a mistake and gave me 6.50$. silly money, but I appreciated their attention to details. I have put 1052 miles on it in two days. We've rolled into St. somethingorother in far SW Utah. I'm averaging about 49MPG going 75 and in the mountains. played with drafting etc.. tis car is too much fun to drive. I totally tripped out some locals in a small town in Idaho(the kids had their sheep tied up at the gas station) You would have thought I was Buck Rogers. The guy at the pump thought I rolled in and was "lucky to run out of gas" as I pulled up with no other stations for 80 miles. anyways. The car rocks, is comfortable and quiet. If your trolling these boards as I have, go getcha one.
    Peace and Love,
    Ryan

7. eklabbers

eklabbers New Member

Congrats!

Congratulations on getting your Prius! What a funny story about your drive through Idaho. It reminds me of 'Back to the Future'. At least they didn't think you were an alien ;-).

Esther

8. JJay

JJay New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the update Ryan, glad it worked out so well for you!

Jay