1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver #9, 12 Mar 04, Urbana, IL

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by navsaria, Mar 13, 2004.

1. navsaria

navsaria Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Date Ordered: 12 March 2004
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): O'Brien in Urbana, Illinois.
    Timeframe given for delivery: "around the new year" (see below)
    Color: Silver preferred, will accept anything but white or driftwood
    Option Package: #9
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: #23

I went yesterday to our local dealer to do a test drive (driftwood #3) and place an order. He told me 3 times it would likely be the new year or thereabouts before we could get a car for me (via e-mail, again on the phone, and again in person), but once I said I was willing to wait, he was cool with it. He then told me that it could theoretically be as early as September, but I shouldn't count on it.

Given his "predictions" with Shadowfax (our 2003 Reflex Silver TDI Jetta Wagon we bought from him 2 years ago), my guess is August. :) The Prius will be our second car, and a second car wouldn't even be handy until late May. We can clearly "make do" for several months to come without any problem.

I know I can move things along faster by being flexible on options, but I'd rather hold out and get a package that I'll be happy with long-term than get something lesser sooner. He said he will call me if other packages are available, though, so I will have that option.

I'll keep my ears open in various places on the 'Net about cars becoming available, but I'm not going to actively search elsewhere at this time -- I really don't have the time, and I have no reason to believe this salesman won't put in a good effort on my behalf. We bought from him before, and a friend of mine has bought several cars from him, so he doesn't want to tick us off. :)

Peace and Prosperity,
    Dipesh