1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver #9 avail in 1 week in WV

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jonathan, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Ok all, I just declined a silver #9 that will be ON the lot (salesmans words) in 1 week. His name and number are.............(drum roll)

2. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Had to make you sweat a little :D

Ed Whiteford
    University Toyota
    Morgantown, WV
    866 313 4771
    Please tell him Jon from NC sent ya. Good luck!!

(edit)
    I'm waiting for a Salsa or Seaside #7 BTW

3. spectre

spectre New Member

Doesn't the dealer have other people on the waiting list that he will give preference to first?

4. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I missed this car by 8 minutes and it is an exact match to what I want. :cussing: :D

5. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Wed AM update: Car is sold. Ed says he can take 1 order for a 10-12 week delivery. Good luck. Jon

6. cmorozco

cmorozco New Member

Thanks Jonathan. Seems Ed did have a list but noone on the list wanted the package 9. I guess he had a lot of frugal buyers. Anyway. I put a deposit on it today. I can't want to get in it.

Thanks again for the lead. I'll be sure to pass the favor forward if I get a prius offered to me.

:lol:

7. cmorozco

cmorozco New Member

Sorry Ray, I guess I called before you did. Hey, if I come across one, I'll let you know ASAP.

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We should keep a tally of how many cars have been sold through PC :)

9. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I looked all afternoon and finally found my silver #9 on a lot about 1000 miles from home. That's actually closer than WV. I found a few places where you can get one in 90 days in CO and WY. Small towns are the best apparently. No list and they usually get one per allocation. Persistance pays. Good luck to the rest of ya'll.
    Ray

10. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

:lol: I'm glad to have finally helped someone on this board after all the wonderful information I have learned from everyone else here! :lol:

11. jdb-44

jdb-44 Junior Member

I should be a Prius owner in the first week of May! And I thought I'd have to wait until 2005!

I didn't want to jinx myself by posting right away, but at this point, I think things have progressed far enough:

I called Ed Whiteford at University the morning after Jonathan posted his "hot tip". Odd--the dealer doesn't have voicemail for itself or for individual salesmen.

Anyway, Ed told me the car available in 1 week was already taken--someone had already left him a message, I guess. However, he said he could probably get me a #9 by early June. Hot dog! That beats the crap out of the lengthy wait I'm facing at Northbrook Toyota (I'm around #30 on the list, with them getting 1-2 Prii per month).

He called a couple of weeks ago to say it might be coming in sooner--and today, he indicated that it should be in port on March 26. And get this--he's driving it out here (from West VA to Illinois), free of charge! Okay, I'm not terribly excited about ~550 miles being put on my virginal (!) Prius, but that's a small price to pay. Speaking of pricing, I'm paying MSRP.

The only remaining complications:
    - I don't know what color it is--he won't know 'til he gets a VIN.
    - Getting rid of my '99 Pontiac Grand Am (I'm not doing a trade-in).
    - Finding a new cell phone provider--Nextel doesn't have any Bluetooth compatible phones. Anyone have any suggestions?

Finally--Jonathan--THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!

Jared

12. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

:D You're Welcome!! :D

13. jdb-44

jdb-44 Junior Member

Well...Ed called this morning and said my Prius is on its way to WV...it may be there by Friday! And...he may be able to deliver it to me by Monday!!

He also has a VIN, and confirmed the color: Millennium silver, just what I'd ordered.

Woo-hoo!!