1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver #9 available

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Johno, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Johno

Johno Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I spoke to Al at Fiore Toyota in Central PA and he has a Silver #9 package not spoken for due in the end of May.
    Go for it!
    800-339-0161, 814-695-5533

2. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

aarrggghh.... why all these silver ones??!! my kingdom for a salsa or even a driftwood

3. jchu

jchu New Member

Ever consider a couple of cans of Rust-o-leum? :lol:

4. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

5. Chimera

Chimera New Member

Johno,

Is your car on order from this dealership?

6. Johno

Johno Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    No. My car is on order at another dealership.

7. tag

tag Senior Member

My "aarrggghh" is why dealers like the one mentioned in this thread are getting cars for which they either have no orders or are otherwise "unspoken for". They have no one on any kind of a wait list that would take a Silver BC? Sort of defies credulity.

8. Johno

Johno Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I found from talking with many dealers lately the following about allocation.
    1. A dealer does not have to order a car to be allocated one.
    One dealer told me his latest allocated car was from his dealerships overall sales. Toyota sent them a Prius as a bonus.
    2. Higher volume dealers are at the top of the allocation list.
    3. Another dealership told me that they sell one a month so Toyota keeps allocating them one a month. It could come in any color or package but they usually send the same car as they sold the previous month.
    I was told Toyota ships the cars to the Districts and they allocate the cars in their territory based on certain criteria.
    One dealer told me Toyota just keeps sending them two Silver #7 package Prius's every month.
    The above dealers mentioned were all low volume, rural dealerships obviously. In the more populated areas it's order and wait.

9. Chimera

Chimera New Member

I spoke to the salesman over at Fiore Toyota about this car. Get this. . . he agreed to sell me the car, but won't hand it over until it is invoiced, which then triggers another allocation to their dealership. In the meantime, they use it as a test-drive car! Very weird. I've waited this long, I'll wait a little bit longer.