1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

silver, Package 3 leather seats

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by dbjoyner, Feb 22, 2006.

1. dbjoyner

dbjoyner New Member

Date Ordered: November 2, 2005
    Dealer Ordered from: Northcutt Toyota, Enid, OK
    Time frame given for delivery: 3 to 6 months
    Color: Classic Silver Met
    Option Package: 3
    # on dealers waiting list: 5 as of January 1, now 3

Currently own 93 Camry with 211,000 mi. Told wife that when she got 200,000 on her Camry, she could get a new car. Had never heard of a Prius, so when car shopping our local dealer (Northcutt Toyota) happened to have a Prius in the showroom that was already sold, so we could not test drive it, but could sit in it. We were also told that there was a back order and to test drive one we would need to order our own with a down of $250. If we drove it and didn't like it our money would be refunded. The more research that I did on this car, the better I liked it, so two days later I went into our dealer and put down $250. Since then we made a trip to Okla. City and test drove a Prius at a dealer there. Also while visiting my wifes people in East TX, walked out of church and saw a Prius setting there. Went over to have a look and the owner asked if I wanted to drive it. So away we went, he told me that this was his second Prius and that his first Prius was the second one sold in the state of Texas. When Toyota came out with the second generation he traded up.

I am intrigued by not only the hybrid aspect of this car, but also the power split device which does away with shifting. The main problem right now is the wait.

I do have one question for the forum. When it is cold here in OK, I go out and start our Camry shortly before my wife leaves for work. I planned for our next car to have remote start so that I would not have to leave the house (our garage is detached) This is not an option with the Prius, does it warm up quickly on the interiour of the car? Or will she be at work 12 mi. before the interiour warms up?

Delbert

2. SomervillePrius

SomervillePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think there is an engine heater for the Prius (try seraching for it).

The prius heats up quickly. It even has a thermos (!) where it pumps hot engine fluids when you shut it off (after running). These fluids can stay hot for a couple of days and once started it will help the engine 'pre-heat' quickly.

I think the concensus here is that you don't need to pre-heat the engine. Simply push start and off you go!

I have a 12 mile (city) driving and my car is heated up within the first 5 minutes in moderatley cool weathers here in Boston.

It's a sweet ride!

3. dbjoyner

dbjoyner New Member

Thanks Somervilleprius for the info. I will do some searching on the engine heater. I like the idea of a thermos, the more I learn about this car the better I like it. Thanks for being one of my professors.

You meet the nicest people in a Prius,

Delbert

Almost forgot, our dealer called and we are now number 2 on the list!!!

4. dbjoyner

dbjoyner New Member

Well here it is 7 months later and we received notice that our Prius is to arrive in Houston June 1st.

Expected date of delivery is June 8-15

Delbert

5. dbjoyner

dbjoyner New Member

Finally, proud owners of a Prius.

Received car Monday, June 12, 2006.

It has been worth the wait!!!!

Delbert