1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver; Package 9; March 15, 2004; Laramie, WY

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by danmiller3, Mar 24, 2004.

1. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

Ordered on March 9th after a tip from a fellow PriusChat.com member posting. Car arrived at the dealer yesterday, March 23rd. All payment and paperwork was completed today and the dealer is just waiting for the invoice from Toyota to send to my bank (does anyone know how long it normally takes from receipt of car at dealership to receiving the invoice?).

Ellen Ketter at Ken's Toyota has been an absolute pleasure to deal with. Professional and always there to answer my many questions.

From the time the invoice is received, it should be between 2-10 days for the shipping company to get the car from them and deliver it to me ($600 for that service).

Almost there...

--Dan

2. hedwig

hedwig New Member

Yeah! More people going for the Montana/Wyoming/Nebraska route - alright! :D

As for the paperwork issue, I know my car rolled in on Monday, and I had all the payment stuff worked out by Tuesday morning - then it was just a matter of getting all our things fedexed back and forth, and the car was ready to go by Friday.

Good luck!

3. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    10 days after a mass emailing to 26 states, I pick up my silver9 in WY this weekend. Have to fly & buy but its worth it. Then drive 1300 miles back to Chicago,,,,,,,and I'll be smiling every mile.

4. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

Just so long as it's not my Silver #9 in Wyoming that is still waiting for transport. :)

Congrats!

5. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

The transport company is picking up the car on Thursday or Friday of this week. I could have the car this weekend! :)

And, it's coming in an enclosed carrier, which makes me feel a little better...

For those checking around, I ultimately went with:

autotrans-express.com

They are a wholely owned subsidary of FedEx Custom Critical. It might be brainwashing, but I felt like anything associated with the FedEx name would be a bit more credible.

--Dan

6. danmiller3

danmiller3 Junior Member

It has arrived! The delivery took place late this afternoon and after running it through a car wash (it was filthy and had some oil on the roof from the car above it) it has taken me 100 miles and I have to say it is THE GREATEST.

This is just a well designed, well built, well thought out car. The navigation system could use some more common sense, but it's not horrible at getting you from point A to B.

My XMRadio from Coastal Dave should be here tomorrow and I just need to decide whether I'll install it myself or find a dealer willing to do it for me.

All told, it took less than a month to get the car. Ellen Ketter at Ken's Toyota was absolutely fantastic!

--Dan