1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver pine mica or seaside pearl

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Texguy, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Texguy

Texguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Silver Pine Mica is due in this week, but the dealer has a Seaside Pearl on his lot that I can switch to. I saw the Seaside Pearl and I liked it a lot. I haven't seen a Silver Pine Mica in more than a month, but I liked it enough to order one.

Are there any Silver Pine Mica or Seaside Pearl regrets out there?

I have read some of the threads on color choices, but wanted a fresh response in my hour of need ;) Thanks.

2. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When we bought our Prius a little over a year ago Seaside Pearl was our first choice and Silver Pine Mica was our second choice. They had one of each, but there was a couple ahead of us. Their first choice was the Silver Pine, but they changed at the last minute to the Seaside Pearl. The Silver Pine still had the sold sign on it, but it was left over from the couple that changed their mind.

So, we bought the Silver Pine car and have been very happy with it. We would have been just as happy with the other car. I know this doesn't help you with your decision, but it is a good story anyway.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Texguy! Color choice is too personal for anybody but you to decide. Just remember, from inside, it's really hard to see what color the car is. Are you a blue or green guy?

4. Rockville1

Rockville1 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  5. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I also had originally wanted the seaside pearl, but I get so many compliments on the color of my car that I'm glad I choose Fiona. (I just couldn't get another black car after 3 in a row.)

6. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Man If Your Going Green Than Silver Pine Mica Is The GREEN ONE!!

7. Texguy

Texguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the feedback.

Some colors wear on you, some grow on you. No one said "I got the whatever color and I can't stand it now". Guess I can't lose. For the record, black was on the list, but I don't wash my car enough. :D

8. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The tag on our silver pine mica.

Attached Files:

• hjr.JPG
      hjr.JPG
      File size:
      66.4 KB
      Views:
  9. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Seems to me that the bright/primary colors are the ones that tend to grow old over time. I've had my silver pine mica since mid-December so it's only been about three months, but so far so good. Doesn't show dirt too badly either.

10. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    In 2005 Silver Pine Mica wasn't available, but Seaside Pearl was. Maybe if it had been available at the time I would've gone with Silver Pine Mica, but I have no regrets with Seaside Pearl (blue is my favorite color).

It's been said before; no matter what color you get, the Prius is still green. :)

11. pmanza

pmanza Fernsmom

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Fern is Silver Pine Mica and KI haven't regretted the choice for a minute. I also second the comment that the color doesn't show dirt nearly as much as some other colors do. It's also kind of like getting 2 colors for hte price of one, at night the car basically looks silver, then the nice green during the day.
    Fernsmom

12. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Texguy,

I agree with Bill. It's a purely personal choice. But because you're obviously on the fence and are soliciting other people's two cents, here are mine (for free!):

I'm a blue guy. It's by far my favorite color. But that doesn't mean I think that all shades of blue would be best for any given car. In fact, IMO the Seaside Pearl color looks really nerdy, common and mundane on the Prius. But the new Spectra Blue looks great on the Prius.

If the choice is between Seaside Pearl blue and Silver Pine Mica green, I think Silver Pine Mica looks better on the Prius.

But if the choice is between Spectra Blue and Silver Pine Mica green, I think Spectra Blue looks better.

13. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    One thing I did in 2005 when the Prius was very rare, I looked to see what they looked like on the street; which caught my eye and how did they look with a few miles on them.

14. rslitman

rslitman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Seaside Pearl - No Regrets

I had a choice of Seaside Pearl or Silver Pine Mica at the dealership once I opted for package 5. My real choice was the red color (which I had seen at the Philadelphia Auto Show), but they didn't have it, at least not in my package choice.

I had actually test driven the Seaside Pearl one. Once they realized that they also had the Silver Pine Mica, it was pretty much dark outside, but I still went outside and took a look at it. I decided that I still preferred Seaside Pearl.

A Silver Pine Mica Prius parks in the same lot where I do when I take the train to work. Looking at both of them in the same line of vision, I like my color best. The Silver Pine Mica is just not colorful enough for me.

There's a red Prius parked sometimes at my destination train station. It's a nice color, but it just wasn't meant to be.