1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Single Din DVD options for 2nd Bay

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by priusmonster, Feb 2, 2013.

1. priusmonster

priusmonster New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I am looking for Single Din DVD radio turner recommendations for the 2nd bay underneath the factory radio. I installed the Power Accoustik 4333NR. The unit is a little to deep and the door will not close. I googled the unit online but I am having trouble finding the depth of the unit so that I can find one that is a better FIT. I am looking for a Single Din Unit with as many features as possible. This one has an optional HDTV & Navigation option, which does not work. When I conenct the unit it says NO Conenction. I reached out to Power Acoustik and got Voicemail and Soniq never called me back. Help! I am currently looking for a DVD head unit that is not as Deep.​

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    did you use the metra axxess kit to hook it into your factory harness? and you may need some other stuff to make those options work.
    is it possible to either redrill the factory bracket or use some different mounting holes to move the unit back a little until the door closes? i replaced the factory junk head unit instead of doing a "stealth" install, but i did need to jockey the bracket a little bit to keep the new kenwood from hitting the compartment lid when i closed it.

3. priusmonster

priusmonster New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Do you have info on this Kit? I found a head unit that fits in the 2nd bay, but the tech did not hook it up correctly and the cetner screen is not working right. Geez.

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    you need to get the "metra axxess" interface for your steering wheel buttons, and you can buy a harness kit (both from ebay) to get your radio to interface w/ the mfd. of course, if your "tech" has already butchered your factory harness, the adapter harness is now worthless to you.
    as far as getting the head unit to fit under the plastic door, it takes a little jockeying to get everything lined up just right. if your "tech" is sloppy, he won't take the time to custom fit the radio, or figure out what is needed to get everything to work.
    remember the old adage: if you want it done right, you got to do it yourself.