1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sir-Toy1 and SCC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by PriusGuy32, Sep 18, 2012.

1. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Has anybody installed Sirius into their Prius without removing most of the dash/knee panels?

I watched a 39 minute youtube video and thought it might be a little overkill. It looks like you'd be able to get at the back of the stereo by just removing the glovebox and middle-right air vent.

2. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, well you can get to it but you won't really have space to see what you are doing. Removing the radio in the Prius is a bitch but at least it will be hard for thieves to steal

Nexus 7 ? 2

3. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just got inside from my 20 minute install of my SIR-TOY1 and the SCC thing. I was totally able to get at the back of the radio by only removing the vent to the right of the radio, the glovebox, and by removing the screw and moving the big white wire bus connector out of the way!! I had a helper with real skinny hands so that helped tremendously. You do NOT have to take the whole dash apart, thats super overkill.

Install was WAYYYYY easier than other Sirius module installs Ive done! Im loving it.

Im wondering if this is a problem with the head unit, the modules, or something else. I have no static or any other kind of "noise" but the Sirius comes through at a much lower volume than the stereo, CD, or AUX. Its like the radio is painfully loud at level 45, but on the Sirius 45 is almost not loud enough. I have the JBL system. Is there a volume adjustment for the Sirius input? What gives??

EDIT: NM. I found on the web by going to presets 1-6-2-5-3-4, it turns the SCC modules internal volume up. It worked!