1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Siri and 2010 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by scotty321, Oct 21, 2013.

1. scotty321

scotty321 Apple Mac Expert

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Does anybody know of a way to get Siri on the iPhone to work with the 2010 Toyota Prius Bluetooth system?

Every time I ask Siri to call someone, she will start dialing the call but then the call immediately gets disconnected by the Toyota Prius... even before the call starts ringing. I always have to manually touch the person's phone number with my own fingers on my iPhone's touchscreen, just to make the call happen over Bluetooth.

This has happened with every single iPhone I have owned since 2010, and every single version of iOS that I have used since 2010... and it continues to happen today on the gold iPhone 5S running iOS 7.0.2. The problem happens 100% of the time, without fail.

So I'm assuming that this is a bug in the Toyota Prius Bluetooth system. Does anybody know of a way to fix this?

All I want to do is be able to ask Siri to call someone, and have it work! I spent a lot of money on this vehicle, and it doesn't even work properly with the iPhone!

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you were calling a girl perhaps the Prius was jealous and ended the call

3. macman408

macman408 Electron Guidance Counselor

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    It's probably a combination of Toyota and Apple... When you talk to Siri, the car treats it as a phone call. When you ask it to dial somebody, the iPhone hangs up and starts a new "call" as far as the car is concerned, but the car only seems to pay attention to the hanging up part. You can use Siri for anything other than dialing somebody's phone number without a problem - even if it requires multiple instructions. For example, you can say "Text Fred" and then when she asks what to text him (or what phone number for Fred, etc.), you can keep talking to Siri, and it works fine.

I seem to recall though that the old Voice Control worked fine. If it's really important to have voice dialing, you might be able to get it to work by disabling Siri, which will revert your phone to Voice Control instead. Otherwise, you probably just have to deal with it. I doubt Toyota will make any changes to the system - there are some paths for feedback with Apple (from least to most involved/technical - call tech support, submit feedback online, or file a bug), but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

If having a phone that works with an older car is very important to you, buy a Tesla instead - they seem to be much better about keeping their cars updated, regularly pushing out software updates with the latest features.

4. sir_KW

sir_KW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey Scotty321 have you solved this problem. I have the same annoying issue. Can't make any Siri voice calls over bluetooth on the Prius car multimedia system. Very annoying. In my area there is a law enforcing handsfree driving so I really need this to work.