1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Siri EyesFree Mobile Assistant - How To

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tideland Prius, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A little bit more information than what's found in the owner's manual. At least this tells you what you can do with Siri EyesFree (commands).

upload_2016-6-6_17-16-45.png

dfine1966 and helmkera like this.
  2. nahh

nahh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Which button is that exactly? I can't get to work siri eyes free on Gen 4 Prius. :/

3. ATHiker

ATHiker Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    It the same button as the "off hook" phone, but you need to hold it in longer.

The button the the one that is farthest to the left on the steering wheel.

4. nahh

nahh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Maybe the problem is that I don't have voice recognition/navigation in my car?

5. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I used that method to access Siri, and found Siri refused to do some things. It may have been answers to questions, but I don't exactly recall. I use Siri a lot. It does a perfect job with making phone calls, finding people in my phone book. Much better than the voice in the car. So to get around this I access Siri from my Bluetooth ear piece or push the home button on the phone.

6. nategold

nategold Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My understanding is that you are talking to Siri on the phone. It should do everything you can do with invoking it on the phone. Why would it be any different?

7. PriUncut

PriUncut Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    This may seem obvious, but the Bluetooth has to be paired to your car.

8. nahh

nahh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the responses. Yes, the phone is definitely connected via bluetooth. If I hold "home" button on the iPhone 6 I can see in Toyota Touch display that i'm calling "myself" and siri works via the speakers in the car. It's just that no matter how long I hold "call", "hang up" buttons on the steering wheel it doesn't trigger Siri. I've checked Siri and other settings in the iPhone but didn't find anything related that could disallow such a feature.

9. Gen 2 Tom

Gen 2 Tom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I assume the phone knows where the Siri request came from. When it was from the hook button on the steering wheel, it restricted what it would do. To test Siri from the car I asked what is the distance to the moon. Siri said something like it could not process my request. But call John was ok. I doesn't make a lot of sense. There must be a list of what it won't do. But I have a work around, so I'll never use it from the hook button.

I have the phone Bluetooth connected to the car and my ear piece. So I can answer the phone from either one.

ATHiker likes this.
  10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you check if it's offered in Lithuania? I don't know if it's a North American feature or a worldwide feature.

But yes, you can always use the Home button. That's what I do in the Gen 3 if I need to use Siri.