1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius and VAIS - more than 16 characters?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ucsbgaucho, Jan 15, 2007.

1. ucsbgaucho

ucsbgaucho New Member

So I'm trying to figure out... is the 16 character limit because of the Vais SLS, or the Sirius tuner you buy to go with it? If its the VAIS, are they working on increasing this? If its the tuner, are there any tuners that transmit more than 16 characters, and if so, would that fix the problem if you got the tuner that did do more than 16 letters?

2. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucsbgaucho @ Jan 15 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]375906[/snapback]</div>
    See what Vais has to say....post a question on their forum.
    http://www.vaistech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15
    I know the Prius (2006) is capable of more than 16 characters per line on the MFD.....try any
    CD-text encoded CD or burned CD in MP3 format with title & artist encoded....you'll see.

3. BobR

BobR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ucsbgaucho @ Jan 15 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]375906[/snapback]</div>
    It is my understanding the Tuner not the Vais Interface causes the limitation. There are very few add on tuners like this and I don't know of any that transmit more than 16 Characters.