1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Antenna being Moved today by dealer For 2007 Prius.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dfine1966, Aug 16, 2007.

1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I have 2007 PKg 5 Prius with Navigation. Sirius is built in the naviagation. They put the antenna on the dash inside the car. I went to the dealer last night, they will move it. I am dropping off the car this afternoon. Just need a few question answered if possible.

They said no problem switching it to behind regular antenna. They are putting in a TERK Magnetic Antenna. The only thing he suggested was that also with the magnetic antenna he usually put felt strip underneath to secure it, especially if you go through car washes. The magnetic antenna might move and scratch up the roof. He said the strips will hold it better, and has never had problem taking it off afterwards without getting minimal scratches on the car. For now I told him I just wanted the Magnetic Antenna only, not the strips. Now I am having second thoughts if I should use the magnetic strips with the Magnetic antenna.

What do you think, with or without the strips to keep it in place?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The magnets tend to be pretty darn good these days. When you put it directly behind the whip antenna it's relatively protected from the car wash thingy.

That said, either option is probably fine.

Why are they not using the antenna that came with the Sirius kit?

3. dfine1966

dfine1966 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The one they used with the kit they used inside the car on the dashboard for some reason. It was a magnetic, but it was fastened with sticky stuff to the dashboard. He said he can use it again. He would get the same one that is magnetic though. He only said that when they are installing the magnetic one, that he likes to put the sticky strips underneath to make sure it doesn't move. He says when you go through car washes, the magnetic one might move a little and cause scratches. If I don't want that he will just put the magnetic one from Toyota down. What do you think? With or Without the strips?

Thanks again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dfine1966 @ Aug 16 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]496864[/snapback]</div>

I meant he said he can't use the one from the dash again, so he would get me a new one.