1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Available? (Not XM)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by GabeMydland, Sep 4, 2009.

1. GabeMydland

GabeMydland New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Week long reader and first time poster: I am enjoying my 2010 Prius III and am hoping I can use the satelitte radio to connect with Sirius (not XM) but not sure if it is possible.

Any assist would be most appreciated! :(

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can add the Best of Sirius to an XM subscription for $4.04 a month. Best of Sirius gets you the NFL, NASCAR, Howard Stern and a few other channels.

3. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I wanted to do the same as you. I had Sirius for 5 years and did not like the thought of having to get XM and pay extra for the stations we like. I also did not want to use a portable unit in the car any longer. Accidentally leaving it in the car would put it at hugh risk for a grab and go break-in.

I had read about a product that could be used to switch out the brain of the XM and convert it into Sirius. But they seemed hard to come by, not sure if they make them anymore since the merger. Since we are not handy, we did the math of buying the product and having it installed. We just thought it would make more sense to purchase the XM Lifetime subscription with Best of Sirius.

4. Prius978

Prius978 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a lifetime Sirius subscription, so I understand with trying to stay with Sirius. I got it 5 years ago, working out great so far.

XM and Sirius do NOT share subscriptions (yet). You can't transfer or piggyback on a lifetime membership if you have Sirius with XM.

Toyota support is also confused on this, you'll get multiple answers, but the JBL system can not do Sirius, thus I didn't bother paying another $1K plus $300 (can't remember) for the lifetime XM. The Prius II does not have an option to install Sirius either.

I have a Sirius Stratus 5 that fits perfectly in the console conected to the AUX, I'd love to connect the Sirius to the Prius SAT antenna, but can't find it. If anyone knows where it is, let me know.

5. LoraJ

LoraJ Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Not positive, but check under the driver's seat.

6. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's where the XM tuner is in the III and above, so you'd think the antenna wire is there somewhere in the II.

Attached Files:

7. bill12

bill12 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The TOY-SC1 (once it has been updated to work with the 2010 Prius) will convert your stock radio to work with a Sirius tuner.

8. Prius978

Prius978 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for the new TOY-SC1 and wait for the update. I checked under the seat and nothing looked easy to install to Sirius Stratus 5 tuner.