1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Connect installation logistic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Cocooningweb, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Cocooningweb

Cocooningweb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All:

I just received my Sirius Connect (TOY-SC1) and Sirius Universal Tuner (SC-C1) today.

I was wondering if any of you know if I have to pull the radio to install it.

I found two guides online so far. In the first one the guy removes just about everything including the screen and then pulls the radio, in the second guide they say that you can reach the back of the radio by removing the glove box and the vent on the left side of the glove box and simply connect the tuner/translator there. In this case though, I'm not sure if there's enough place behind the glove box to put the tuner/translator.

Do any of you have a recommended method or any thoughts? Thanks

2. tombellanca

tombellanca New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You do not need to remove the radio.

You need to remove:
    lower glove box
    vent cover on right side of radio
    wire bundle behind that vent cover

with smallish hands you should be able to plug in the unit behind the radio

some folks have put the two tuner units between the glove box compartments, other put em inside the glovebox and rounted the wires out.

there is some very detailed explanations and trouble shooting in another sirius topic. it's pretty close to the top of the topic list.

goodluck!

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Here's a link to the thread that covers this subject in detail, including my install. http://priuschat.com/forums/audio-electronics/39623-new-sirus-satellite-radio-options.html