1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Difficulties Here

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by byronical, Jan 19, 2008.

1. byronical

byronical New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello!

I recently bought a Sirius receiver for my Prius from THIS Prius Shop.com (here). Upon installing it, everything about the display and the sound works great.

However, I only receive 17 channels. Thought that maybe I had hurt the antenna wire when I installed it, so I bought a new antenna. The new antenna was loose-laid and VERY carefully installed. The SAME 17 channels came up.

Sirius technicians worked to re-download my signal trying to kick-start the radio again. They swear that it CANNOT be the Sirius signal. They say that my "lifetime" subscription is entitled to receive ALL channels FOREVER.

The Sirius technicians suggested that I contact the seller of the radio. They said that it could be a defective unit.

I noticed on the PriusChat forum, there is discussion about a set of jumper wires that could improve the sound on 2006 models. When I went back to the receiver to plug in the new antenna (and re-snug it to be sure), I noticed that THIS radio does NOT have the 4 vacant holes in the connector into which one would plug these proposed jumpers. The otherwise vacant holes are filled with wires in the wiring harness that goes up to the dash.

I'm not complaining about not having the 4 vacant holes, but does it point to the idea that my 2007 model Prius may require a different Sirius receiver to work correctly? I'm grasping at straws here.

The Audio Forum's discussion about the 4 vacant holes in the receiver's connection was specific to the Prius 2006 model. I'm wondering if there is a distinction that may apply to my vehicle.

As I told the Sirius technician who claimed no responsibility or liability in this, "I'm sure that while you (Sirius) claims no responsibility, so the purveyor of the radio receiver (PC.com Shop) will ALSO say that there should be nothing wrong with the receiver."

What am I to do?

Thanks!
    BYRONICAL :(