1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius for the 06?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by laundryczar, Apr 26, 2006.

1. laundryczar

laundryczar New Member

I have been peacably waiting for the XM kit and the elusive mounting kit for my '06 Prius and I wandered into this forum to see if anyone knew of any more details about the hold on the mounting kits and suddenly I am seeing mention of a factory Sirius kit.
    Yowza. I asked my kind, but often confused, dealership about Sirius and I was told that no such thing existed and wasn't planned. XM was my only choice and that wasn't looking good either.

Does a factory Sirius kit exist for my '06 Prius? Is it available now or will it be soon?

Thank for your answers.

2. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

I have a Sirius plug and play (Starmate) and had it installed- it works great.

3. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got mine from factoryinteractive (John).

4. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbotello @ Apr 26 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]245893[/snapback]</div>
    I have the factoryinteractive. I was told by Toyota and it was confirmed by factoryinteractive
    that there would be a Sirius Unit out this summer.

5. manderson

manderson New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbotello @ Apr 26 2006, 09:32 PM) [snapback]245893[/snapback]</div>
    First time post to any chat room, so sorry if I get it wrong. Does the Sirius kit you mention work (factoryinteractive)? Do you endorse it? Just checking before I drop the $395. thanks

6. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Positive:

The install itself is solid. The controls are integrated, you can't even really tell it is there (except for your new antenna). The company is responsive, they will answer any questions you have and have been readily available. The DVD that they provide 'ROCKS.' It is very detailed and I wouldn't have attempted it without it.

Negative:

I have a 2006 with JBL and have static on the talk radio stations. They tell me that it is on all stations but you can't hear it as easily with the music. I have spoken with John at Factory Interactive and he is working with various vendors on solutions, but has no answer yet. He told me to check back in about 1 month. The only other negative (it is minor), is that the display will only show 10 characters of the artist and/or song. That is a limitation of the particular sirius unit.

I am enjoying Sirius tremendously and would recommend it to anyone. Satellite radio is great.

If John can fix my static problem they will have my whole hearted endorsement.

7. PriusInsight

PriusInsight New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(savingtheearth @ Apr 26 2006, 11:30 PM) [snapback]245891[/snapback]</div>
    How did you install the starmate?

8. savingtheearth

savingtheearth Junior Member

The guy who installed my upgraded stereo system did it- had an antenna that he put on the top of the roof that comes out from the windshield- and a panavise holder for it- works awesome