1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Install

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by allieboy, Nov 13, 2008.

1. allieboy

allieboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have read many great post about installing sirius with the SCC1 and TOY-SC1. But i would like to install my sportster 5 with the FM Direct Adapter. I am triying to confirm that there is in fact an antenna connection on the back of the radio. i am assuming i need to remove the dash for this install.

thx -- great forum --

2. allieboy

allieboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    c'mon gents no replies if there def is an antenna connection on the back?

3. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you already have the FM direct adapter? And does your car have the aux jack in the center console? If you have the option, the aux jack is probably less hassle even if you spend some time concealing wires. You would want to get a ground loop isolator, though, or else you will think aliens are beginning their takeover by pumping the most irritating conceivable noises into everybody's satellite receivers.

4. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yes, there is a std. antenna jack in the back of the radio.
    But I don't understand why you would go that route.......Use the aux jack for a basic install,
    or get the SCV-DOC1 and TOY-SC1 for full integration into, and operation via your Prius MFD.

5. allieboy

allieboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    thanks for replying package 12 has no aux jack.

which sucks not having it. thx for ur answer!