1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius installed by factory interactive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BethlehemPrius, Jan 20, 2007.

1. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

Can anyone tell me if they still have the static with this unit that people talk about on this site?

Also, by installing the unit from Factory interactive, can you still use the sterring wheel controls to control the satellite channels, just like the xm installed unit is capable from toyota?

Have xm now and it really sucks, the signal is not good and gets fuzzy way to much to be paying for it.

Thanks

2. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chriswessner @ Jan 20 2007, 04:19 PM) [snapback]378367[/snapback]</div>
    I installed the Sirius unit rom factory interactive and initially had the static problem, but after the solution to the static was found, they sent me out a free retrofit kit. basically two wires. Simple to install. I no longer have any static at all.

I also use the steering wheel controls to handle the Sirius unit.

David

3. BethlehemPrius

BethlehemPrius New Member

Thanks David.... one way or another I am getting back to Sirius.... also found out they give discounts for more than one account. Half price.

Thanks again for the reply!

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I just installed the Sirius unit from Factory Interactive and don't have any static. I had the understanding they already did the fix to the tuners.