1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Integration and Portability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by spidey, Aug 25, 2008.

1. spidey

spidey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I am trying to determine if it is possible to have a portable Sirius radio integrated into the Prius JBL radio. The integration into the presets on the radio and controls is most important factor however having a receiver that I can use outside of the car is a nice to have ( not mandatory since I already have a portable sirius radio for the other car ). If I go with a portable option also looking for recommendations on how to install so its easy to get at for portability however out of the way for when being used in the car.

Thanx for help and advice in advance

2. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You just need an SCVDOC1 to dock the satellite radio and and a TOY-SC1 to interface the dock to the JBL radio. With this setup you will have the same features of an integrated module (on screen display with steering wheel controls) but with the ability to remove the satellite radio and use it elsewhere. Also since you don't need to physically access the satellite radio you can mount the dock out of the way like in the glove box or the console.