1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius kit from Metrotpn.com causes radio malfunction

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by stangmatt66, Jan 2, 2007.

1. stangmatt66

stangmatt66 New Member

Hey all,

I bought my partner the Sirius radio kit from MetroTPN.com (Metro Toyota in Cleveland, OH) for Christmas and installed it last week. Well yesterday we lost all sound coming out of his speakers. The radio, CD player, and Sirius radio are all working, but the sound won't come though the speakers.

Not knowing what was causing the problem, I told my partner to take the car to our local Toyota dealership to have them diagnose the problem as I didn't suspect it was the Sirius unit as the radio functioned fine for a week after we installed it.

Come to find out as we got a call from the dealership, the Sirius unit is causing the radio malfunction. When the dealership unplugs the Sirius unit from the back of the radio, the radio returns to normal. The dealership now wants to charge us $85 for labor to tear the car apart and diagnose the problem as they feel this is not a warrantiable issue.

Does anyone know if the kit MetroTPN.com sales is genuine Toyota parts which can be serviced under warranty from any dealership? Has anyone dealt with this problem before? What was your outcome?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

2. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangmatt66 @ Jan 2 2007, 04:10 PM) [snapback]369778[/snapback]</div>
    Same problem earlier this year. I had taken my car to a local Toyota dealer, I spoke with the service writer and told him that the installer was the dealerships installer (outside contractor). Well he contacted the the installer and the installer replaced the unit, no charge.

3. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    It is my understanding that the Metro tuner is designed for the Solaras and is the same one Factoryinteractive gets. Metro just didn't do the fix to the tuner as other sellers have that eliminates the noise.