1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius plug-n-play in package 1

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by katana, Jul 29, 2006.

1. katana

katana New Member

New part of the Prius crew here! :)

I just purchased a package 1 Prius and am looking to get the best sound quality out of my Sirius Sportster radio. I don't have the aux-in that other packages do and was wondering what the best way to go about adding one would be. Also,
    Is it also possible to power the Sirius unit without plugging into the cigarette lighter...perhaps somewhere near where the aux input would be installed? I'd prefer the install be as clean as possible, but I'm not quite sure where to begin.

By the way...I'd probably have a local car stereo place do this, so I'm mostly looking for the least obtrusive product to purchase.

Thanks!

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(katana @ Jul 29 2006, 01:35 AM) [snapback]294201[/snapback]</div>
    I have a StarMate that I have recently re-installed. It's almost an invisible installation. I hope to have a write-up with pictures posted in the next couple of days. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but some of it might be useful.

An idea about the power: you could try adding a hidden cigarette lighter similar to what darelldd did.

About the best sounds quality, I'm looking into installing a wired FM modulator relay. This is going to have to wait a while though. I've got a lot going on at the moment.

The installation really isn't that difficult. It can be a little time-consuming, but worth it in my opinion. A car stereo place should be able to do all of this pretty easily if you decide to go that route.

3. katana

katana New Member

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(katana @ Jul 30 2006, 03:44 AM) [snapback]294541[/snapback]</div>
    According to the fit guide on the site, it doesn't fit. Although, sometimes they're wrong. The FM relay isn't supposed to fit either, but I see no reason it shouldn't.

My opinion is that if the car stereo installers say it will fit, then it will likely fit. I haven't had the time to take out the factory radio and look at the connections, so I'm just guessing.

If you go with that option, please let me know if it works. It sounds like it would be more useful than the FM relay.