1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

sirius radio compatability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by brian9682, Jun 28, 2008.

1. brian9682

brian9682 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have committed myself to buying the sirius radio kit as sold at the prius chat shop out of a 2007 model prius.

Now to the audio experts will the 2007 model work in my 2008 prius? We both have the package 6 models?

I do not want to buy it, tear my dash apart, put it all back together and then try to activate it only to find out it is not the same.

Thanks to all in advance.
    Brian

2. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Yes, it will work. The setup is identical.

3. 9G-man

9G-man Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It will work, but there is a better option IMHO. It's the TOY-SC1 and SC-C1 tuner combo. made by directed electronics and available at Circuit City and online.
    It's much cheaper, easier to install, and has 16 character display ability, where the stock unit only does 10. It's fully integrated MFD control like stock.
    A thread all about it is a few pages down this forum.

And in either case, you DON"T have to "tear your dash apart". It's a simple matter of removing the right-center vent, glovebox and a harness displacement to access back of radio for plug in.

4. Dennis_TX

Dennis_TX New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just installed the Sirius Directed Electronics tuner into my head unit. Now, I have the ! Maint Reg light on. Can anybody help me with the code to reset? Thanks...

5. pdhenry

pdhenry It's HEEERE!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  6. Dennis_TX

Dennis_TX New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks...I ended up turning the car on and off three times, and all of the error codes cleared