1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius radio doesn't always come on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Kidd, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Kidd

Kidd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My Prius is relatively new to me by 2 weeks now. I have noticed several times, my integrated Sirius radio does not turn on (or download from the sattelite) on occasion when I start up. I am in the open that is, I see sky, and if I stop, power off the car and restart, the radio comes on. The AM/FM works when the Sirius is silent. Mt reception is always good, unless I am under a bridge or below a tree. otherwise it is as good as my last car with a portable Sportster unit. Anyone else had this problem? I probably will have to see the dealership about this intermittant problem.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The car interface is bad. Have it swapped for a new one and do me a favor and find out what tuner you have in there.

3. Syclone

Syclone Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I think it's a fairly common problem. My 2006 has the same problem. It has something to do with the sequence that the Sirius tuner boots up in as compared to the main radio. What I've found is that it usually happens when I'm impatient and start messing with the controls before the car is fully awake. Don't think of the Prius as an automobile with a lot of computers in it. Think of it as a computer system with an auxillary car.