1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Radio with Pkg 2 ? Possible?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hammy, Apr 7, 2008.

1. hammy

hammy Prius Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sirius Radio to 2008 Prius with Pkg 2 ? Possible?

I just bought a 2008 Pkg 2 Prius. I pulled my Kenwood Sirius Radio out of my old car and thought I could swap out. I found that no one makes a dash kit for the 2008 model for a non-factory radio. I read all the threads about the SCVDOC1 and the TOY-SC1 but these appear to only work on the upper pkg XM ready radio's. Is this correct and what are my options?

2. KDOG

KDOG The Once and Future King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: Sirius Radio to 2008 Prius with Pkg 2 ? Possible?

I have a 2008 with package #2 and I just installed Sirius using the SCC1 tuner and TOYSC1 interface. It's integrated with the MFD and completely hidden. You're right that there's no dash kit, but if you're dead set on using your Kenwood radio there may be a way to install it in the CD compartment instead of switching it out. For me personally, it would be preferable to just use the SCC1 and TOYSC1 linked to the MFD.

3. hammy

hammy Prius Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks so much, that is the info I was looking for. I'll sell my Kenwood on e-bay.

4. hammy

hammy Prius Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Can the SCC1 and TOYSC1 be installed via the glove box and vent or does the entire dash have to come off? Are there any other parts needed to do the job?

5. KDOG

KDOG The Once and Future King

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, and in fact that's the way I installed it. You just need to remove the lower glove box and left vent panel to access the wiring harness and back of the radio. I installed both units in the space between the glove boxes, but there are several places where you can put them.

Here's a the original thread on Sirius options for the Prius, which goes back a few years:

http://priuschat.com/forums/audio-electronics/39623-new-sirus-satellite-radio-options.html

I compiled all of the relevant instructions/photos from that thread prior to my install and saved them on my computer as a Word document. Here it is (most photos and instructions courtesy of 9G-Man):

Attached Files: