1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by hycamguy07, Feb 21, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sirius will have a new brain unit that will plug into XM and you can listen on your XM unit.. it will cost $100.00 :lol:

2. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What features will it have?

3. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Can you provide a link to you source? I wouldn't mind an improved Toyota branded Sirius tuner.

4. tcooper185

tcooper185 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd be interested in this...it's one step closer to XM and Sirius merging, which is the only way I see the two surviving. Plus, every sport, every game, on one subscription?! I'd pay $18.99/month for that, and $9.99 for each additional radio.

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

The SIRIUS One SV1 package makes it easy to get satellite radio in your car. This compact, plug-and-play radio comes with all the car accessories you'll need, and it offers four different mounting options.

The innovative mounting bracket gives you the option of placing the SV1 on your dash, console, windshield, or sun visor. The built-in wireless FM transmitter sends the sound to any FM stereo, while the DC adapter plugs into your car's outlet for an easy power connection. The included antenna mounts firmly on your vehicle's roof with its magnetic base.

The display shows you channel name, song title, or artist information — you get to select which you'd like to see. Read more

Details:

» plug-and-play SIRIUS satellite radio
    » mounting bracket offers these installation options:
    • on the dash or console (with the included adhesive pad or Velcro® strips)
    • on the windshield (with the included suction cups)
    • on the sun visor (display flips to accommodate visor mounting)
    » one-line, 12-character display shows channel name and number, song title, or artist information
    » wireless FM transmitter broadcasts the sound over an unused FM frequency (100 frequencies to choose from)
    » wireless remote
    » DC power adapter
    » 30 channel presets
    » roof-mount antenna
    » 2-3/4"W x 15/16""H x 4-1/2"D
    » warranty: 1 year
    » Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available
    $49.99

Heck this ones the size of a radar detector!
    [attachmentid=2331]

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Em, I looked at it. It's an inexexpensive ($49) Sirius receiver, and has nothing to do with XM. Change that to FM, and that's correct, it broadcasts an FM signal for your FM radio to pick up.

7. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well crap.
    I was hoping to get a different unit to plug in place of the one I have now. I Only get 10 charicter display and not very feature rich. That looks like a radar detector. And broadcast over FM..yuck

8. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

Geeze guys....

I was listening the howard stern channel and he was saying he wished he could get
    a unit like the XM model that will work on Sirius and would work on any radio.. One on the producers said they have one that is supposed to be released in late march early april about the same time XM releases thiers (ie work on any radio)
    and it mounts under the dash like the ones found in the GM cars...
    Sirius also has a small unit being released about the same time that will convert XM into Sirius so that the people that have cars with XM dont have to rip it all out they just hook this unit to it and walla you'll beable to listen to Sirius..

I posted the radar detector info as its the smallest unit Sirius makes for the car for those who want portability..

They now also have a walkman style unit that you can use with out a car..

You can vist the Sirius home page here to see what they currently have availible :
    http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServe...=1130351706481&

Or heres another story,

SiriusConnect Receiver Unveiled

We got a quick peak at the Pioneer unit yesterday, but weren't quite sure what to make of it amidst all the CES frenzy. The Larry Pesce mentions trunk mounted solutions, specifically the SiriusConnect unit at the Press Event and we started to tie things together.

Now we know the whole deal.

Today at CES, Sirius Satellite Radio unveiled the SiriusConnect receiver. The new product utilizes SIRIUS? next generation technology to offer a single-piece system that is compatible with SIRIUS-ready headunits from manufacturers such as Alpine, Audiovox, JVC, Kenwood, Eclipse and Pioneer.

The SiriusConnect receiver will also interface with XM-ready headunits from Alpine and Pioneer that are up to three years old, making it easier for consumers to chose the content provider that best meets their needs and tastes. (NICE)

The new system combines a receiver with a translation device all in one unit, which is significantly smaller than current receivers, as well as with those offered by competitive systems.

The SiriusConnect design combines a standard trunk mounted tuner with a translator that is specific to each brand of Sirius-ready in-dash radio. This greatly simplifies installation. The SiriusConnect will be packaged with an antenna for easy purchase and inventory management and is currently shipping to support Alpine and Pioneer branded head units.

Pricing will vary depending on the specific brand interface. Sirius also expects the SiriusConnect to be compatible with additional satellite-ready brands throughout 2005.

here are the models that will connect to the GM radios,

http://www.directed.com/audio/sirius/connect.asp

Keep an eye out for the newest units coming out in March/April

9. jsf

jsf Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I read that as meaning it will connect with the headunits instead of the XM radio, not that the Sirius radio connects to an XM radio.

The Prius MFD headunit is XM compatible, and Sirius radios already connect with the MFD headunit, so this is not really a big deal.

BTW, the new XM radios from Toyota are supposed to permit more than 10 characters per line.

10. AlphaTeam

AlphaTeam Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ok...that is more like it. I currently have Sirius and it plugged right in to my stereo where XM would. It must be an older unit and it only displays 10 charicters. If the new one intigrates with the MFD like this one that would rock!

I can not stand all those extra components hanging out getting in the way. I can change the station from my steering wheel all displayed. So I hope this is the upgrade we are looking for.