1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius Satelite in 2010 II

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Barry Smith, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Barry Smith

Barry Smith New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello Everyone,
    I just bought a 2010 Prius II last night. I have a subscription to Sirius/XM and had the face and car kit installed in my old car. Do I need to do the same thing on the Prius? There is a SAT button, so I was wondering if I still need the old setup where the antenna is put outside the car? Or does this SAT button have something to do with how it would be set up?

Thank you

2. Barry Smith

Barry Smith New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    50 views and no replies. Someone, Please help!

3. evpv

evpv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I believe you still need to install the Sirius antenna, it can be mounted on top of the dash inside the car. The factory location of the antenna for cars that come with Sirius is inside the dash, not on the roof.

Looks like you have a couple of options for the installation kit. This one does Sirius and iPod:

Amazon.com: Complete Sirius Radio System for Satellite Ready Toyota PLUS Aux Input (iPod etc) WORKS WITH MORE TOYOTA MODELS Also Includes Mobile Media Mount: Car Electronics

Or you can get the TOY-SC1 and SCC1 adapters:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio Interface Adapter for Toyota, Lexus, Scion | TOY-SC1 | SIR-TOY1 | SIRIUSConnect Factory Radio Tuner

SCC1 | SC-C1 | SCC1 SIRIUS Connect Vehicle Tuner | SIRIUS Tuner for OEM and Factory Radio | SIRIUS for Aftermarket Car Stereos

Removal from the dash: