1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius/XM reception

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mike@Lincoln, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Mike@Lincoln

Mike@Lincoln Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a very intermittent problem with my XM radio. It's only happened maybe four times in the past seven months but I am curious if anyone else has seen this. I start the car in the garage (which has poor reception due to radient barrier on roof) and the radio will have a pulsing sound. (1 sec on and 1 sec off) This does not go away even if I turn the radio off and back on. If I stop the car and restart the computers all is well. It seems to be related to starting the car with the radio already turned on and poor reception. There is no way I could reproduce this for the dealer!

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I listen to XM all the time, but have not had this problem. One thing I do different from you is that I turn off the radio, a/c, fan all electric options before I turn off the car. I doubt that this has any effect on the reception/radio problem. By the way, I have not upgraded my radio or speakers apart from what is standard in package III.

I think your dealer can eventually resolve your radio/XM problem.

Happy Motoring,

Tom