1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Siriusly" annoyed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Amyshubby, May 2, 2006.

1. Amyshubby

Amyshubby 2017 Prius Prime Advanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My Sirius radio has had problems from day one. The name of the song and artist do not show on the screen, nor does the name of the station. Instead I get the word "antenna" flashing the entire time it is one. I also have the static problem and a few other issues.

Toyota said Sirius will replace the unit. I drive to the Toyota dealership only to find out that they can not just give me another radio, they need to order one in my name that will replace the one I have. The explanation given is that Sirius does not want people just ordering extra satellite radios.

So I wait two weeks.

Now I get a call that Sirius has instituted a new policy. They must return my radio in order to get a replacement.

The minor annoyance is that the radio is free for a set period of time and I have had very little use of it for over a month.

The major annoyance is that it will take an hour and a half to take out the old radio, and the same time to put in the new one. Thats two separate appointments. This dealership is not located near my house or work, so it's a huge inconvenience. :angry:

2. Jim1eye

Jim1eye Shaklee Ind Distributor

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amyshubby @ May 2 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]248532[/snapback]</div>
    Flashing "antenna" means the antenna is not connected, not that there is necessarily something wrong with the radio itself. Has the dealer actually looked at it?

3. Amyshubby

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jim1eye @ May 2 2006, 10:53 AM) [snapback]248536[/snapback]</div>

They did. They also said I would not be getting any of the stations in if the antenna was not connected.

The stations are coming in clear (except for the static on the talk stations). It's just the info that isn't coming in.

4. mike_m

mike_m New Member

I called the local dealer here in Orlando, and talked to the shop foreman and asked if they were having problems with the integrated Sirius, and he said that they have just put it in 5 new in 06's and this is the first he has ever heard about the problems with the 06. Say it isn't so................

5. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

Why don't you just get one of the portable units. I have mine for about a year and a half. That way your not locked in to only listening in your car. Mine can go everywhere Prius, Tundra, Home, and Work. You get the best of both worlds :)

6. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ May 3 2006, 07:55 PM) [snapback]249401[/snapback]</div>

I have one in my CTS, but the dealer is giving it to me free with 9 months subscription with the car, when it arrives. I will probably take the one out of my CTS, as it is my trade in. I have the Exact Vizor now. It seems to be the smallest one available. THe only thing I listen to on my Sirius is Stern, so taking in the house is not an option at home :)

7. Jennjay

Jennjay Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Are you guys talking about an integrated Sirius receiver in the MFD from the dealer. I thought they were only available after market, like from Factory Interactive or Coastal

8. aalpenia

aalpenia New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jennjay @ May 3 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]249413[/snapback]</div>
    My dealer is installing the integrated Sirius, free of charge, also with the 9 months free - I did not ask him is it was something new.

9. xxfwmxx

xxfwmxx New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XGasGuzzler @ May 3 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]249441[/snapback]</div>
    I have asked my dealer about this numerous times and everytime I get the same answer....that there is not a unit for the prius and they can not install one. I wish all the dealerships knew the same thing. I would have liked to have that installed when I picked the car up back in January.

10. Amyshubby

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XGasGuzzler @ May 3 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]249441[/snapback]</div>

That's the exact deal I got. I just haven't used it much for the first month because of all the issues I've had. Also, it "blanks out" (dead air) more and more. I need to find a morning to stop at the dealership and have them take this out so they can order a new one.

I'm also going to ask that the 9 months run from when I get the new factory system installed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxfwmxx @ May 3 2006, 11:22 PM) [snapback]249503[/snapback]</div>
    It's not integrated in the sense of being built in. It is a unit that is mounted to the right of the rear view window. However, it is more integrated then using the aux input because you can control it with the display and (if it was working properly) see the names of the stations and the song/artist.

11. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(XGasGuzzler @ May 3 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]249441[/snapback]</div>
    My dealer was offering this same promotion at the time I purchased my Prius...needless to say, I passed on it and got the aftermarket integrated XM instead and have been very happy with it thus far.

12. xxfwmxx

xxfwmxx New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amyshubby @ May 4 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]249671[/snapback]</div>
    What exactly is mounted to the right of the rear view window? the antenna? Does anyone know if this is the same unit setup that factory interactive and metro are selling?

13. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just to let you guys know, I will be selling the Sirius and XM units through the PC Shop soon, but I did want to let everyone know about the issue with the Sirius system.

Metrotpn has received many complaints regarding the Sirius unit and the 2006 Prius. Many of the units are working just fine, but there are others that just are not working correctly. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind it - just sometimes they screw up and sometimes they don't. So, basically buying the Sirius unit is an "at your own risk" investment.