1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

siriuspris + 2006 audio problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bbaustin, Mar 4, 2006.

1. bbaustin

bbaustin New Member

I just installed my sirius kit from factoryinteractive. It was a bit intimidating taking apart my car but the included video was very detailed and easy to understand. All went well until I turned up the volume. There is some distortion in the treble - kind of a crackling sound. The factoryinteractive guy said he this problem has turned up recently in some 2006 models with this sirius tuner. He will replace it when the tuner manufacturer releases a new batch. Thankfully it was nothing I did during the install - replacing the tuner is easy but replacing the cables is much more effort.

Anyone else have this problem or know any more about it?

2. JoePrius

JoePrius New Member

I have the same issue and Jon sent another Sirius unit, but it's the same issue. I'm not happy with the quality of the product, but the install went well. I think the 2006 MFD is generatin too much power and over powering the system.

I wish I had another option.......p.s., my iPod also doesn't sound as good in the Prius vs. our BMW. - Joe

3. bbaustin

bbaustin New Member

If it is just a DC power problem (difference in 05-06) then maybe a simple voltage divider could be placed between the logic cable and reciever. Are there any specs published for the 2006 CAN/audio bus?