1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SiriusXM in C1 or C2 - two solutions

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by CStar, Apr 6, 2013.

1. CStar

CStar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I love having satellite radio but didn't want to pay for the C3 to get it installed. I have a Sirus Stiletto (with a lifetime subscription) and tried to find the best way to attach it to the dash and hide the wires. The vents are deep and hard to attached to, but I was able to do so with some modifications. Here is how I have set it up:

IMAG0407.jpg

I find the best place to attach it to was the far left vent. I connected the Stilleto to the a/v input running the wire under the steering wheel. I also use a phone holder that attaches to the CD drive. Sometimes I use the Sirius app through my HTC EVO (I put the blackberry in the holder for the picture but was using the EVO to take the picture.) I connect the phone with bluetooth. I've found that the bluetooth does not sound as good but is OK. I tend to use the phone as the GPS and the Stilleto as the satellite radio.

I ran the wires down the side, under the mats, and out the rear hatch.

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

It works for me but realize it is not for everyone. I like the GPS on the phone and the Stilleto for satellite radio better than the stock Prius display.

Oh, I use this power adapter. Two cigarette adapters and two USB ports. Works good when I am running both and my wife also wants to charge her phone.