1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SirusPrius showing "Lifeline 8"

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pviebey, Nov 8, 2006.

1. pviebey

pviebey New Member

:unsure: Hi there!

I have both a SiriusPrius (wife's car) and a XMPrius (my car). Had both for about a year. Install was easy, and they've been working great... until now.

Suddenly, my wife's Sirius Prius won't show any satellite stations, and won't play any music. It shows the station number, but that's it. Going to the 'text' screen shows "Lifeline 8".

AM and FM both work fine, all other functions seem fine. I'm worried this is some kind of internal error or something.

Checked Sirius and I have a 'live' subscription (annual), so I don't think that's it.

I've also dropped a note to FactoryInteractive, so hopefully I'll hear from them as well. But this is making my wife nuts, so obviously it's a top priority for me <grin>...

I'm tempted to pull the 12v battery and 'reboot' the entire car. But given it resets everything, I'm not crazy about that idea...

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

pat

2. fulostix

fulostix Junior Member

My SiriusPrius unit once would show nothing except channel numbers. It turns out, I had to get it replaced. I bought it from metroptn though. If you can get it replaced...try to. If not unhook and rehook it to see if you can kind of "reboot it" If not, other people have had issues of spent fuses.

3. pviebey

pviebey New Member

Well, so folks know, talked to Jon @Factory Interactive (PriusXM/PruisSirius). He already overnighted me a replacement reciever, so I'll have to pop in the replacement.

Don't have time today, but it's really only about 20 minutes work.

PS: Yeah, I recommend Jon's stuff. Installed 1 of each in my own cars, both worked flawlessly (except this, which clearly ain't his fault). All the wiring is very professional, and having the CD install instructions avoid the usual (mis)interpretation of instructions...

No wires cut, easy to remove if I ever want to, works with everything in 2006 and 2005.

pat :D