1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Site is lying

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by DanMan32, Dec 23, 2005.

1. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Anyone notice that the stats and indicators in this site are wrong?

For example, I went over to the Prius Community forum list, and it shows 24 topics for Prius Owners Photos. Yet when you go into that forum, there is only one topic, with 4 replies.

Local Trips, Clubs, Events is the same thing. 118 topics indicated, yet only 4 show up.

Then there is the new post indicator, which I have frequently complained about, but heard nothing. In the topic or forum list, it may indicate unread posts when they are all read, or vice versa. When I click on the semaphor, it may not take me to the first unread post, but rather the end of the topic.
    Indexes broken?

2. geologyrox

geologyrox New Member

default views only show the last 30 days - you have to change it to view all (way at the bottom of the page, or in your options) to see all of the posts. can't help at all with the new post indicator. On some other forums, I use the subcribed thread feature, it works out pretty well for me, as i don't mind scouting the boards for a few minutes

3. tag

tag Senior Member

Re the number of topics, my guess is that number was from the old site. The number got carried over to this site but some of the threads didn't make it.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

We couldn't have lost THAT many topics.

I am on this site way within 30 days (though sometimes over a week) so the unread post indicator should be accurate, but it is often way off.

5. tag

tag Senior Member

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I consider that lost. When the old site goes away, they do.

7. tag

tag Senior Member

I'm assuming, though, that those topics will be moved here before the old site is taken down. ;-)