1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Six Prius cars available for immediate delivery in Stockton.

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Arizona Charlie, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Arizona Charlie

Arizona Charlie New Member

Saturday, January 22nd.7:30:pM

Last week I posted a blog here that Toyotatown of Stockton California had six Prius cars for sale at MSRP with no extra dealer mark-up. I was glad to hear that three people who read my post purchased a Prius from the Toyotatown this week. Two of them had been waiting for over six months for a car with no results and one had decided to buy a car last Tuesday and was driving it by Wednesday..

I hope that the following information will be helpful for other people here.

Toyotatown has a new inventory of six Prius cars that are available for immediate sale at MSRP- no additional dealer markup and ready to buy and drive away.

If you want to buy a Prius without the usual long waiting period, now is your chance. Call Asif at Toyotatown in Stockton California. His Cell # is (209} 327-0488.

After receiving a really nasty email from someone here which accused me of profiting from my post and also called me some really vile names, I want to be crystal clear.

I disclaim any financial interest in Toyotatown, and I have never asked for or received even one dime from the dealership or the salesperson for letting people in this chat room know of cars that are available.

I post this information here strictly as a service to all of us.

The following cars available, in stock, detailed and ready to deliver.

1 car in Seaside Pearl Package 3.
    1 car in Seaside Pearl Package 4.
    2 cars in Tidelands. Package 4.
    1. car in Millennium Silver. Package 6.
    1. car in Millennium Silver. Package 3.
    1 car in Seaside Pearl. Package 3.

Arizona Charlie

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    AC,
    You're welcome to post this kind of information on PC. However, a disclaimer similar to the one in this post is a good idea and we'd request that you post these under the "Dealers & Pricing" forum rather than the Main forum.

3. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

I checked the inventory locator for all of SE Toyota today and there were

ZERO Prii in stock.

Absolutely none.

Nada, zip, nothing

4. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Evan,

Any which way that you look at it, this is still free advertising for the salesman and the dealership being promoted to the financial detriment of Danny and PriusChat. I don't particularly care for freeloaders.

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Robert,
    The online inventory things are notoriously bad. Did you call Asif? If, indeed, there are no cars as listed by this poster we, as the moderators, will take action. But we're not police and will not check on each and every case.

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Isr,
    Although I see your point, in the current market it is also a service to the some 4000 subscribers to PC if we can point them to a vehicle that is immediately available and shorten their wait. The dealers and pricing section is for this sort of thing.

If you went to your local dealer and he said "Hey, I have a car on the lot, do any of your friends or anyone want it before one of the other guys swipes it?" It would be OK to come here and say "Joe has a car ready right now if anyone's looking."

By the same token, in this case Asif seems to have quite the surplus of vehicles and repeated posts listing these as available does start looking like free advertising. If he's got that many cars and needs customers to buy them then perhaps it would be a better service to Prius Chat if Arizona Charlie would encourage Asif to become a PC sponsor and then he could come here himself and post when he has cars available.

There are some fine lines here and I do agree we need to be careful we don't cross those lines.

7. Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor New Member

Evan, SE Toyota Distributors has an exclusive franchise to sell Toyotas to the SE USA, so only the Gulf States of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, maybe a couple of others are under its haunting spell. Toyota's typically cost a little more there because of these guys getting a cut, but it was the only one I could check. The mid atlantic Toyota area is a different set of states, so I checked them but theirs was not working on new cars, but for used cars it was displaying two pages of Prii.

When a person goes to the Toyota.com website, and gets that build a car zip code box, a person looking for a Prius ought to insert zip codes from states several hundreds of miles away, say 300 miles or so. Within that radius I think I am within three Toyota "districts".

So, this was not to impune the veracity of the statements of the individual putting all of this up, but rather to place some emphasis upon how scarce these particular vehicles are to locate when new.

And when I looked for a Prius, there were none to be found in the SE Toyota Distributors franchise area. I went 600 miles away to order mine.