1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Skid warning on potholes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by stacyh, May 30, 2008.

1. stacyh

stacyh New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Is the skid warning supposed to go off when I hit potholes? It was useful in winter, but now they're just... holes. know where they are, and they're unavoidable due to Chicago's own Mayor Daley neglecting my neighborhood. Does this happen to anyone else?
    (The skid warning, not Daley.)

2. VaPrius

VaPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yes, I get it going into my driveway sometimes when I go a little too fast. It goes off whenever it senses one of the wheels slipping. I've never worried about it.

And yes, Daley has completely ignored my driveway too. :)

3. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's not a matter of "skid warning supposed to go off when I hit potholes", it's a matter of traction. Any time you break traction the traction control will kick in and the indicator will light. Snow, ice, water, oil, loose sand, gravel, and being airborne will all do it. Potholes bounce the tires so they loose traction. If the car didn't do this, you could easily damage the HSD from shock loading or over-speed.

Tom