1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SKS Fob with Shell easyPAY tag?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kinghuang, Apr 23, 2005.

1. kinghuang

kinghuang Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    It is okay to put the SKS fob on the same keychain with a Shell easyPAY tag? I have problems opening doors if I put my cell phone and the fob together, but is the easyPAY tag safe? Will it cause inadvertant battery drain in the fob or other interference?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    do not know, try it! The early SKS definately interfered with the easyPay....but since then there's been a TSB that updates the SKS to address that problem. And, I presume, they've upgraded all the later release Prii with that new-and-improved SKS so it shouldn't interfer.

Only way to find out is to try..

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It should ok. I had my fob with the tag before and I didn't have a problem.

Also, I never had fob/cellphone issues either so either way, it's ok. Just note that the fob battery may drain faster if it's kept near devices such as cellphones, tvs, computers etc.

4. kinghuang

kinghuang Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, I was just out to run some errands and it seemed ok. But, I think I'll keep them apart anyways. The tag won't fold flat again the fob when they're attached together.

I'm just afraid I'll lose the easyPAY tag because I'll have to use it so seldomly now. ;)

5. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    OK I bite "easy pay" ?

6. kinghuang

kinghuang Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas\";p=\"83810)</div>
    It's a little tag, about the thickness of a quarter and slightly smaller than the SKS fob, that allows you to pay for gas at Shell without swiping credit cards or using cash, and it also automatically credits your Air Miles account if you have one. You just hold the tag up to a sensor. Basically, it makes buying gas more convenient.

Of course, not having to go to the gas station as often because of the Prius is even more convenient! :D

Maybe it's a Canadian thing? There's info about it on Shell Canada's website.

7. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Next time you walk out to your Prius, take the fob out of your pocket and look just to the right of the lock button. When you're in range, a red light will blink, letting you know that the fob is responding to the Prius SKS signal. This will be a way to confirm that the easyPAY tag doesn't cause your fob to mistakingly send out a signal, and it shouldn't since it is a passive system.